Friday, 4 April 2014

Dinner: Penne Carbonara at Jamie's Italian.


I had my last uni lecture yesterday and today I submitted my penultimate piece of assessment - now all that's left of second year is a report to write and 4 exams and then I am free for summer!! Of course this calls for early celebrations (I'll just wish away my report deadline and my revision in the meantime). Me and my friend went to Jamie's Italian @ Greenwich for a late lunch/early dinner to "celebrate" our last lecture together and our birthdays (mine was on the 31st March, hers on the 7th April). In case you haven't figured it out, my favourite Italian dish is Carbonara (as seen here at Ask Italian, and here at Vapianos) and of course I, as well as my friend, ordered the Penne Carbonara at Jamie's. We also shared two sides - the Funky Chips (below left - with fresh garlic and parsley) and the Polenta Chips (below right - crispy fried with rosemary salt and parmesan.) The Polenta Chips were good but not as good as the Funky chips - the Funky ones were without a doubt the chip of all chips. 

5 comments:

  1. Making me starving at 1am reading this! Only ever been to Jamie's once and I so bravely ordered... the burger. Even though the other dishes sounded so nice, including the pastas! Need to widen my tastebuds when I eat out. Luckily there's a Jamie's in Liverpool so I think I'll drag someone along soon hehe

    Jade | The Jade Aesthetic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man that looks good! Chips are my ultimate favorite food and these definitely look like superior ones!

    xx Hélène
    www.FashionOverReason.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks delicious! I've always wanted to try the Jamies in Sydney! :)

    Metallic Paws

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Jamie Oliver and his cooking shows c:
    The pasta looks greaaat! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Jamie's Italian! His Antipasti are great :) And from what I can see, the penne carbonara look pretty good too! x

    ReplyDelete